Digital X-rays are a safe, helpful diagnosing tool. Our dentists use them to spot any dental issues that are difficult to detect with the naked eye. At Midtown Dental, we utilize digital X-rays to:
– Detect decay that is not visible with the eye alone
– Locate decay beneath an existing filling
– Reveal bone loss caused by gum disease or other issues
– Detect variations in the root canal or the surrounding bone from infection
– Help Drs. Rumley, Maness, and Prajapati prepare for dental implants, dentures, or other procedures
– Detect an abscess
Having X-rays taken can help us detect, diagnose, and treat any dental issues that you may have early, when they are easier to treat. This can save you funds and discomfort.
Dr. Drs. Rumley, Maness, and Prajapati will decide how often to take your X-rays depending on your dental history and your current dental health. Some patients need to have digital X-rays taken of their teeth as often as twice a year. If an individual has no recent dental problems like gum disease, they may only need to have dental X-rays taken once a year, or even once every few years. For new patients, our dentists may take X-rays as part of the initial exam. This will give us something to compare any changes in your oral cavity to over time.
For more information about digital X-rays in Raleigh, North Carolina, and to schedule your next visit with our dentists, we encourage you to contact our dental office today!