If you want to keep the bacteria, germs, and infections away from your toothbrush, it’s important to do everything you can to take good care of your brush each day. Taking care of your brush will help you have a safe and successful health and it will also help you keep your oral hygiene tools in tip-top shape. To help you care for your toothbrush, our Midtown Dental team recommends doing the following things:
· Wash your hands. If you have clean hands, the chances of you transferring germs to your brush decrease. So, wash your hands with warm water and soap before and after you brush and floss your teeth.
· Rinse your toothbrush with warm water after brushing. Then, store your brush upright so it can air dry. It’s very important that it dries completely before you put a cover over it.
· Make sure your toothbrush is dry when you use it. To make this possible, have two different toothbrushes and rotate between them so they have time to dry.
· Don’t share your toothbrush with anyone—not even your family members. Doing so will quickly spread germs. Also, please make sure your toothbrush bristles are not touching other toothbrush bristles while it’s being stored.
· Always replace your toothbrush after you have been sick.
· If you are sick, please do not use the same tube of toothpaste as everyone else. Using the same tube can quickly spread germs and make other members of your family sick.
For more information about toothbrush care in Raleigh, North Carolina, or to find out more about oral hygiene and other necessary tools, call 919-847-8074 today! Dr. Seth Rumley and our dental team will be more than happy to help you in every way we can.