Did you know that as of the early 1990s, lasers have been successfully implemented and used in a variety of dental procedures? Not only are lasers highly effective at preparing your smile for extremely precise treatments, they are widely effective in a broad array of dental procedures to ensure maximum success for your smile.
You can upgrade your smile with the precision of laser dentistry procedures. Take a look at some of the common uses of laser dentistry:
– Teeth Whitening Treatments: The gel used with many types of professional whiteners can be activated with a light source such as a laser.
– Cancer Biopsies: Lasers can successfully remove a small amount of tissue from a person’s cheek for use in oral cancer biopsies.
– Oral Ailments: Lasers are often set to get rid of painful lesions and sores from inside a person’s mouth.
– Cavities: When cavities need to be filled in, lasers can be used to clear the decay around cavities and prepare a tooth for a filling.
– Root Canal Therapy: When root canals are needed to save teeth, lasers are often implemented to clear away excess bacteria and tissue to ensure the area is prepared for the root canal therapy to be successful.
If you would like to know if you can benefit from a laser dentistry procedure, please schedule an oral exam with Dr. Seth Rumley at our dental office in Raleigh, North Carolina, by calling 919-847-8074 today. Our team at Midtown Dental looks forward to bringing your smile back to its fullest!